Episode 20: How (and why) to stack promos to maximize ROI on your marketing spend
In Episode 20 of Beyond Writing, host Dachary Carey talks about what it means to stack book promotions to increase your book marketing reach, why it’s helpful, and gives you some practical advice about where and how to do it.
The promo sites mentioned in the podcast include:
- Robin Reads – free and discount Kindle books
- ENT (Ereader News Today) – free and bargain books for your Kindle
- BookBub (Featured Deal and advertising) – great deals on bestselling ebooks
- Book Adrenaline – free and discounted mysteries and thrillers
- Bargain Booksy – promote ebooks on all platforms
- FreeBooksy – promote ebooks on all platforms (sister site to Bargain Booksy)
- ManyBooks – promote ebooks on all platforms
- FussyLibrarian – curated books
- Books Butterfly
- GenrePulse – Kindle book promotions for free or $0.99 books
We’ll also talk about whether or not blog tours are a good use of your marketing dollars.
And finally, we’ll talk about other factors that determine how successful your promotions will be, including:
- The price of your promo deal
- Number of reviews
- Relevance of genre/site
- Book description
- Promo copy
- Book cover
With the right combination of stack promos, you can dramatically increase the effectiveness of your book marketing campaigns, increase organic discovery and boost ROI.